Monday, August 6, 2012

Curriculum 2012-2013

It's already time for the "Not Back to School Blog Hop"!!  I love reading through these posts and last year I got to participate for the 1st time!!  Last year was the beginning of my continual homeschool updates, which I like to think my parents and in-laws enjoy reading.  It's fun to have a record of it all so here I go again!

Samuel:
Math: BJU K
Handwriting: 2 Teaching Mommies printables, various printables from there
All else will be combined with the others, explanation below.

Hunter:
Read: Various books planned, working on words that he struggles with 
Math: CLE continuing where he left off this summer
Handwriting: Handwriting without Tears Cursive 

Lily:
Read: Various books planned, working on reading aloud 
Math: Teaching Textbooks and a daily math book I bought at the NICHE conference
Handwriting: Handwriting without Tears Cursive



Combination::::

All 3, to some degree:
Science: Christian Kids Explore Earth and Space 
Bible: Apologia's Who is God?
Poetry: A weekly thing we're going to attempt because it was fun last year...using A.A. Milne's poems

Just the twins:
English: BJU English 3 has grammar and writing so we're giving it a try...a little hesitant about the fit for Hunter but I can always use it flexibly! 
Spelling: All About Spelling, continuing where they left off




*This is a hefty plan (in my opinion) but not everything is every day and we're just going to see how it works around all the therapy appointments for the next couple months.  I'm determined to be flexible and I'm looking forward to our 2nd year homeschooling!!*


Not Back to School Blog Hop

1 comment:

  1. Just stopping over from the NOT Back-to-School Blog Hop.

    This sounds like a reasonable, modest plan to me. I hope your second year is a great one!

    ReplyDelete