Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Catching Up

Well, it's time for a post of pictures that do not involve homeschool.  Other things do go on here!  :)

Lily wanted to learn to cook and asked if she could help me peel potatoes.  I only have one peeler so I told her she could try 1 but then I needed to get them done for supper.  She did great 3/4s of the potato and then she nicked her wrist.  Just a dot of blood--no big deal and she was totally fine.  Then, she got her finger--more blood and I just couldn't handle her going on after that.  She loved it, though.  I've been looking for a safer peeler ever since...  She did mash the potatoes after Hunter added the milk/butter, though. 

We had a nice, sunny day recently so the kids were able to get outside with Brian and build a snowman.  Nathan was napping so he's not in these.


Nathan had his first hair cut.  My sister's mother-in-law used to cut hair for a living so she agreed to do it for me.  2 years old and no hair cut??  It's unheard of for us but his hair is so pretty!  He was obviously not feeling the joy of the experience.  My Dad went along to hold him.

Once it was all combed out, it looked like this!  

This is the face I had to look at.  :(

All done and looking awesome!  *Some* people think it's not short enough but I love it.  It's still his look but it's layered so it doesn't rat up every time he sleeps.


Brian's parents had us over last weekend and it was COLD but the kids spent a little time sledding.



Too cold for this little guy, though.  

Today is my birthday--yeah!!!  I have celebrated with Nichole, Theresa, the Kregers, the Pettyjohns and finally with the 6 of us today.  We had so much fun!!  I wasn't able to sleep in so I got up, waiting for people to tell me Happy Birthday.  Ha!  Nathan had a morning appointment to recheck his ears and since that is about 30 minutes away, I decided we'd eat lunch out at Charlotte's.  I've only been there once but enjoyed it.  
We were waiting for it to open so got right in there.  The kids loved free refills on root beer.  Ha!  They did a great job.  The food was yummy, too!

We got home...notice my pajama pants, I did nap shortly after this...and the kids buttered my nose.  A wonderful tradition, if you can't tell.  :)

We then went to Orange Leaf Yogurt when Nathan woke up from nap.  It was a big hit--we'll be going again for sure!

This picture shows how we felt:

The kids and Brian gave me cards and pictures and felt so loved.  Nathan signed Brian's card, Samuel drew me a dinosaur with hearts, Lily made me a card and drew me a picture of a happy face and Hunter made me a poster that said--with typos fixed--"Happy Birthday to my Mom.  I love my mom as my teacher.  1+3=4  0+3=3  That is why I love my Mom as my Mom."  Awwwww!   

No comments:

Post a Comment