Friday, September 16, 2011

Losing Track of Time

I can't remember how many weeks it's been anymore--I even lose track of which day it is (and, yes, we do calendar!).  I'm also forgetting to break out the camera for much.  Plus, I'm not sure if even the Grandparents want to see a picture of someone painting every week.  Ha!  So, here's a break down of this week:

Monday, I made a quick tent for Samuel's preschool time.  It was a hit with everyone until Nathan destroyed it (no surprise there).

Here's Nathan sitting on the desk 'helping' the twins do their morning work.  I think they were journaling or doing handwriting or something.  He's kind of a distraction.

We did get out a couple times this week.  I'm helping out with the church library and we had to take a tub of books to church so I could shelve them.  It was a rainy day to be out and about!  The kids enjoyed playing in the one of the classrooms for a bit--a change of scenery is nice!  Nathan is stuck in the van for this picture but after my work was done, he did mange to run out in the parking lot and soak his socks (need to order shoes!).

We also went out to a friend's house who was having a garage sale because they are moving.  The kids ran around with their friends and I shopped the sale.  I spent $6 and walked away with some good buys--one of which was this super marbleworks toy.  The kids worked on their structure all afternoon!
And, we had a late night on Thursday night.  I went to a homeschool moms meeting and Brian and Hunter were at Scouts so my parents watched the other kids until Brian got back home.  So, the kids were up a bit later and I didn't get home until after 11pm!!  It was a very fun night, though.  Anyway, the next day, we had some tired kids and poor Samuel was having a moment.  We skipped preschool (which was an easy decision to make after hanging out with some experienced homeschool moms who had great advice!) and just played with the marble thing again. 
Speaking of Scouts, Hunter had to cook an outdoor meal--just when the fall weather hit!  We ended up doing a quick hot dog meal at my parents' house right before Scouts.  I think he was proud!
And here he is in his awesome new shirt!
Just because he's funny...here's Nathan in his new long pajamas for this cool weather, which I love.   We actually did a pajama day this week with our warm pj's I pulled out of storage.  :)

Linking up for the 1st time with this fun blog:


2 comments:

  1. Marbleworks is the best toy! It lasts forever and it's something that they play with for years and years. It's expensive though, so $6 is an awesome deal!

    ReplyDelete