Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hunter & Lily turn 7!

Hunter and Lily turned 7 years old on November 13. It was a full--very full--weekend of celebrations. On Friday, we let them pick supper (McDonald's) and then gave them our present. On Saturday, they had their school party. We decided to do separate parties this year just to cut down on the # of kids in our house at one time!

Lily had 8 girls over in the morning for a "girl party" and Hunter had 5 boys over for a "boy party". Both parties were a lot of fun but here's what I noticed: the boys were louder and more rambunctious but they played together so incredibly well. There is definitely an "alpha female" issue (as one girl-mom called it) in the 1st grade class. :) Both parties went really well and we were exhausted but it wasn't over yet!

Saturday night, we had supper and presents w/my parents and my niece, Kathryn (who I do not think was there to celebrate but she had a good time). On Sunday, Brian's parents came over in the afternoon for presents and to see the current chaos of our lives. After all those gifts and parties, the parents were tired, the house was a mess and the kids were h-y-p-e-r! :)

But, now that it's all over, I think that was an awesome weekend for my beloved twins. I love birthdays and I think they do, too, now! And, Brian and I got to talk a lot about that day 7 years ago...oh, the trauma of the delivery--we still feel it when we discuss it. We had not a clue! We don't go into detail about their delivery with the twins but they love hearing stuff about when they were babies. I feel bittersweet each year...it goes so fast and they are my oldest ones so I feel like they get the more uptight parent in me. :) I guess that's just the way it is for the oldest kids!

I did write them letters last night that I will save in a box--it's a new tradition I read about and want to start and continue as long as possible. It will be fun for them to read when they are grown up!


The girl party

Typical Hunter!

The boy party

Supper @ my parents

Kathryn double checking the gift bags!

Excited for another day of celebration!

Brian's parents helping to open and figure out the new gifts!

Samuel (in Lily's room, obviously--ha!) got a present from Brian's parents so he was happy about that. And it was Play-Doh--his favorite thing!

Not the best picture to see what Nathan looks like but I think this is so funny. He is obviously tickled to have his picture taken! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what fun and what a great idea (separate parties!) How special they must have felt! I apologize to Gabe regularly for having him first. I think all first children are miracles. Miraculous that they survive our lack of parental knowledge/experience and our uptightness!

    ReplyDelete