Wednesday, October 14, 2009

This Is The Day

Here's a rundown of my day so far. It's only 11:41 am so who knows what else is in store?

-Lily is now fine at drop off for the most part so Hunter has decided to take over. This has only happened this week but it's been horrible. The teacher literally grabbed his arm and dragged him away from me today. How am I supposed to go through the rest of my day after starting my morning like that?

-Samuel refused to walk at school this morning. I try to carry him because morning isn't his best time but he's getting heavy, my tummy is getting big and this morning I had to pick up 10 lbs of burger and a giant Manwich can for the sloppy joes I am making for an upcoming event. It's uncomfortable to let your child have a major melt down with the principal standing by. Thankfully, I ran into a Mom-friend who helped me.

-We started using winter coats today. Brrr! Samuel has a hand-me-down from Hunter but hates it. He says it hurts. I plan on cutting the tag out to see if that helps. In the meantime, he fights me to get it on and cries the whole time he wears it.

-We went to a playdate. Actually, it was a momdate but we both have 2.5 year olds so it all works. Samuel whined and cried the last half of the morning, hit his head toward the end to set off a major crying time and then threw a major fit when it was time to go. He did not wear his coat or shoes so he was cold and his teeth were chattering but I chalked it up to "natural consequences". Really, I was just tired of fighting w/the kid. He then screamed the whole way home. And it's 10 minutes or so--a lifetime when you have to listen to screaming.

-Finally, on the way home, I decided to go crazy and drive the speed limit. Apparently, no one has seen this done. So, the guy behind me rode as close as he could to me while gesturing me along. He finally passed me giving me the finger (or as Brian says, he told me I was #1). It was the straw that broke the camel's back. I am done for the day!!!!

UPDATE: Good news! It's only been a half hour since I posted the first part but I got an encouraging email from Hunter's teacher and I found this on my couch:


The day is looking up already!

1 comment:

  1. Not an easy day. I sympathize with you, I think we've all been there, at least I know I have. There's always tomorrow to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete