Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fearless by Max Lucado


This book speaks to the heart of what holds most people back: fear. The author addresses fear in numerous different areas and even ends with the one healthy fear we can have, fear of God. I had not read a Max Lucado book in quite awhile and I forgot how much I enjoy them. I find his books to be easy to read but full of great insight. I really enjoyed this book on fear and, specifically, how he broke each chapter down to a different fear. That was unlike any book on fear/anxiety/doubt that I had read or looked at. There is even a chapter on fearing for your children--how relevant to this mom. This was the type of book that made me scribble notes as I read. I would definitely recommend it to anyone--especially in this day where it seems logical to fear for thousands of reasons--swine flu, anyone? As the author states in his book, “When Christ is great, our fears are not.”

No comments:

Post a Comment