Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sickness

Last night in the chaos of Hunter and Lily arriving home from AWANAS, I noticed that Samuel felt warm. Sure enough, his temperature was up. Hunter and Lily were so cute about it. I can't remember what they were going on about but I told them all we could do is pray he gets better soon. They both wanted to pray right away and got down on the floor with their faces in the ground, popped their heads up to look at each other and said, "1, 2, 3" and back down to the ground. I have no idea where this came from. Included in Hunter's prayer were these words, "Thank You for not killing a baby lamb today.". Obviously, the sacrifice lesson really stuck with them. :)

Anyway, Samuel's temps have been all over today but that's just like his cousin's recent illness so I think that must be what it is. I have a lot to be thankful for, though, so let me share:

1. I have sat around most the day and not felt guilty. My little guy wants his Mommy around! I have been doing such a good job keeping up around the house lately that I feel okay with this day off. Although, I did take yesterday off, too, and that was just because I was tired. I feel like I have an illness but Brian says it's called pregnancy.

2. I read magazines today while I sat next to Samuel on the couch. It was either that or watch Dora, Diego or Mickey. I won't repeat what a certain friend said about having to watch Dora but, trust me, it isn't pleasant to be forced to do so for that long!

3. In reading magazines, I was inspired to think of fun ideas for birthday treats and motivated to scrapbook. I am so far behind and my scrapbook room is a disaster but I love it. I have never been an art person but I really enjoy doing something creative that is for me (and my kids).

4. Hunter and Lily were so wonderful today! They played together without a problem--making a mess but not hanging around me or the TV all day. It was nice to not feel stressed about the healthy children in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment