Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween

Busy week this week with Halloween!  We took the actual day off, which may have made the day drag on more.  I think taking the day after would be better since everyone was so worn out!

Pumpkin carving time!  Hunter and Lily did some of their own carving this year, which seemed to work out just fine.  





Nathan as Chop Chop (a Skylander):

Samuel as a skeleton:

Another Chop Chop, this time it's Hunter:

Lily is Clawdeen from Monster High (a werewolf).  She added the mask because she liked it.  :)

We made some monsters on Halloween to pass the time:

And, we did do school the other 4 days.  I only got pictures of Samuel--ironic!  We played some games this week.  Bingo with letter sounds:

And, a market game with letter sounds.  He's doing really well.  He spelled "gas" by himself the other night because he thought it was hilarious but I was pleased to see progress!!

Nathan was pretty quick with school this week--he is feeling too busy these days, I guess.  Hunter and Lily are doing well with all their schoolwork.  Lily devoured the Frog Princess series by E.D. Baker--she has a couple more book reports to do and then she can move on!  Hunter read a book he loved and told me all about it every day so that was really encouraging.  He requested a similar book and I had one more that was like it.  Then, he told me he was reading a book at bedtime so that was amazing!  I think he's feeling like a stronger reader, which makes a difference.  
Time to start thinking about holidays and school breaks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment