Monday, August 19, 2013

Adventureland

Last week, we had 1 last fun summer activity before school started today.  The kids love to go to Adventureland and I do think this was the best year yet.  We went with a group--my parents, my sister, my brother-in-law and my sister-in-law along with 3 nieces and 2 nephews.  It helps to have a lot of people to pair up for rides.  Brian and I are not a fan of most rides so we need the support!!  This was Nathan's first time at Adventureland and he loved it.  No ride was too scary for him and he loved waving at everyone!!  Lily tried a roller coaster for the 1st time and I don't think she was a fan.  :)

This was the train ride at the end of the day--everyone was cranky at this point. 

Afternoon snack time!

The boy raft.

The girl + Nathan raft.

The only ferris wheel allowed--the big one is scary.  You can see Nathan waving to his admirers.  :)

The older 2 kids--we didn't see them as much.

Raging River...such a long ride for "the boringest ride ever" (Hunter's words).


The log ride is always a big hit.  Brian and I even rode this one once (only once!).  It is Hunter's and Samuel's favorite!

Bumper Car fun!  Hunter drove me and he actually did a pretty good job--I think it's hard to maneuver!

A wagon helps but this was filled with prizes by the time we were done.

Another train picture--he looks so excited!  He was not ready to leave!!

Grandpa rode the Himalyan ride with Samuel--I don't know how he stood it because it looked fast and dizzy.

Feeding the geese while the other kids do a bigger ride.

Carousel



 Prizes!

I spent too much money for this dragon--Hunter won it in a balloon popping game but he had to hit 3 balloons and he was stuck at 2 for quite awhile.  It was worth it, I think.  :)

The Frog Hopper is a huge hit.  Nathan cracks me up.

Andrea volunteered to ride with Nathan the 1st time--I was nervous sending him up so high without an adult but he did fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment