Monday, May 21, 2012

This Is It

This is the last of the busyness!  This past week was another busy one but the calendar isn't looking too bad from here on out.  :)  Wednesday, Brian started his drive to work to discover his exit was closed and, long story short, was going to be late by 30ish minutes.  So, he took the day off to go fishing and I invited all of us along.  I didn't realize he actually wanted to catch fish--I thought he wanted to spend time outside with the family.  Ha!  So, it wasn't a productive trip but most the kids had fun.

Lily gave me a nice pose to show her worm off.  

This would be the child that it was not fun for.  He can't fish and I don't let him that close to the water so we played in the van, walked in the grass, yelled at geese, threw rocks in the water and yelled for fish (which is apparently frowned upon by avid fishermen).


Most of the fish we caught were this size so we just held them and tossed them back--my favorite kind of fishing.



Hunter impressed me so much--very independent with fishing--I don't think he ever required help for any of the putting bait on/taking fish off/etc.  

Just a quick picture of this geese family because they were fun to watch.

On Thursday, Hunter had his end of the year Scout picnic.  

Do you see him mid-picture getting his Bear scarf?  He was so excited to show me his awards and new book!  Brian will be leader or assistant for the Bears next year so that's exciting for them!

 On Friday, we had that homeschool program I had mentioned previously.  The bummer was that the Scout picnic had been the night before so everyone was grubby from the park and everyone got to bed late.  Nathan, in particular, was pretty grumpy all morning.  The surprise I had that I, personally, felt was hilarious was homeschool shirts for the 5 of us.  I felt I was pretty clever.  I didn't get a picture of my shirt but it said that homeschool moms rock.
Nathan's shirt: "Homeschool Wanna-Bee" 
 Lily's: "Homeschool Girls Rock"
 Hunter's and Samuel's: "Homeschooler by Day, Ninja by Night"

My parents looking at the work the twins had set out.

Shortly before supper, Samuel fell asleep on the couch and that kid did not wake up for anything--until 4ish hours later when it was bedtime.  He was then up until 11:30 but that's another story.  We couldn't get him awake for the 2nd part of the program so he wasn't able to show off his preschool work to the Kregers.  Bummer!
 Brian's parents getting a look at the info.
It was a fun day!  The kids enjoyed looking back over their notebooks and it was fun to realize how much work we did this past school year.  Now, I'm busy taking things down, posting curriculum for sale and getting boxes of the new books out! 

Saturday was a nice warm day and it was time to try out the pool!  We were out for 2.5 hours or so and it was wonderful!  Hunter and Lily did plenty of swimming in the shallow and deep ends and jumped off the diving board quite a bit.

Samuel hung out in the deep end and I'm not sure if he ever did get his hair wet but he enjoyed himself.

Nathan was not sure why he had to be held onto and didn't enjoy being restricted.  He headed straight for the diving board and didn't want any part of a water wings, life jackets, rings, etc.  He just wants to be left alone in the pool!  So, that's a danger!  My parents ended up dragging out a water table, a kid pool, their fountain and this red tub to distract him from the pool.  It could be a long summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment