Friday, May 4, 2012

May is Already Here!

I knew I should have written down notes on the week earlier this week because I do not remember a thing at this point.  It's Friday and we are done!  :)  All of the following pictures are activities we did together for our Fruit of the Spirit study.  This week was on Kindness and we used Oranges for our symbol.  All of these ideas came from the Impress Your Kids blog but they are really great ideas.  1st up, we focused in on Colossians 3:12 which talks about putting kindness on and we talked about putting kindness on like our clothes.  So, one day, I wrote KIND on 4 pieces of paper and the kids made clothes collages on their letter.   Unfortunately (or fortunately?!), I only had magazine of my own so I had to take from Brian's stash.  He has years of hunting, fishing, tool magazines that he insists he will read!  Anyway, a lot of the boys' cut-out clothes ended up being camo.  :)

The next craft we did was super fun, as well.  I printed off hats, gloves and shoes and then cut them out and attached a toothpick to each item.  I gave each kid a set and an orange and let them dress up their orange.  Putting kindness on, as if clothes.  That was our mantra!  We then ate the oranges!




Otherwise this week, we finished science until August!  We started Aesop's Fables as our read aloud but none of us liked it, me especially.  It was our last assigned book (through our curriculum) so I picked Swiss Family Robinson for our next novel.  I don't know how long we'll keep a story time in the afternoon as summer comes but it's a nice routine right now!  We actually "did school" all gathered on the couch this week and that was a lot of fun.   Things are feeling very relaxed right now!  Next week is IT for much of our work so I am already thinking of ideas to include to make it special.  Samuel has been mainly working on things for our homeschool end-of-the-year program that I am planning.  Nothing major--really just an elaborate scheme to get my parents to bring me lunch but now I'm excited and plan on having some things to show/tell and inviting Brian's parents over that same evening.  So, mark your calendars (when I pick a date).  

Otherwise, this week....
We dressed the cat.

And made more play dough to play with.  This is the best recipe and idea ever.  The kids keep busy for hours, which I needed because this was Nathan's 2nd day of no-nap.  The upstairs is getting sooo hot with this recent weather.  I've been letting him hang out but it definitely adds chaos and noise to the afternoon!



No comments:

Post a Comment