Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Break

We had this week off of school for spring break.  At first, I questioned the need of a whole week off but it was actually a really fun, relaxing week!  I hope we all feel ready to get back at school.  The only child that said they wished we had school this past week was Hunter.  The others seemed perfectly happy to do nothing.  :)  So, let me see if I can remember what we did.

Monday: We just stayed home, in pajamas, all day.  Brian had the night off from his Bible study for spring break so we just all stuck around the house.

Tuesday:  We went to Target early this week to get some frozen pizzas for supper (I was going to be out) and let the kids get icees.  I had a dental appointment that was really not fun but then I had dinner out with a friend--once I got feeling back in the left side of my face.

On Wednesday, we headed to North Liberty for Samuel's speech appointment.  I had planned on taking the kids to a park there afterward but the park was packed with a day care or something so I was unsure what to do.  On a whim, I asked the kids if they'd like to surprise their Dad with lunch.  They were totally excited about that!!  So, we had to kill about an hour of time and decided to head to Stuff, Etc.  I found a new Clue game (my favorite game!) and lots of great books that I can use for school.  I let the kids all pick something small so we now have 3 more zhu zhu pets and 1 airplane.  :)  They were excited.  We then grabbed lunch and drove around Brian's parking lot to look for his car (he eats lunch at his car and visitors aren't allowed inside so we had to wait outside!).  We discovered why Brian runs so late on the time clock--it looked like a mile walk to the front door!  Ha!  So, we settled in and waited to surprise him.  I think he enjoyed it!  Nathan threw his arms around Brian's neck and gave him a big kiss on the mouth when it was time to go--how sweet is that?!  :)
Thursday, Friday: I was DONE running around.  That was my limit of outside activities.  I then spent the last 2 days tearing apart the homeschool room and putting it back together.  I got rid of some stuff, condensed some stuff and labeled it all.  It was FUN.  Exactly how I would choose to spend my free time--in my pajamas, no less.  Ha!  The kids kept busy inside and outside the house. Thursday, my Dad picked them up for some time at his house and I got even more done alone.  That was nice!  Actually, it made me realize what I don't get done when I'm homeschooling.  So far in my 1st year of homeschooling I haven't felt like the housework suffers that much--we're not the neatest people--but I got to see it a little this week when I had no schooling responsibilities.  I would much rather homeschool than clean, just so you know.  :)

Now, it's the weekend again.  We've grilled for the 3rd weekend in a row--so fun!  We spent lots of time outside.  Brian took the kids to a school to fly a kite while I got my leg checked at a clinic.  It was close to my parents' house so we stopped in there for snacks and more playtime.  I plan on taking lots of pictures this week of things I changed up in the homeschool area.  Just because it's fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment