Friday, April 13, 2012

Beginning of the End

It feels like the school year is starting to wind down!  I think there might be 7 more weeks of our school year but a lot of the curriculum will be ending before that.  It was an uneventful week and I didn't take many pictures but I'll try to remember what we did!

We discussed the Oregon Trail this week and outlined the size of a buffalo with masking tape.  We were impressed with the size!

We talked about Joy this week and used bananas for our fruit.  The kids enjoy painting the fruit:

Ever since the kids help me clean out the game storage, they have been playing tons of games (and I have, too!).  Here's some Headbanz fun:

Samuel is working on an alphabet project and we've been doing some counting stuff.--a pirate game I printed from Homeschool Creations (I think!) was a favorite.  Lily finished All About Spelling, Level 2, this week and we'll review before starting Level 3 but I think we'll go ahead and start even though we'll be taking a break from it.  We're reading All-of-a-Kind Family and I've really enjoyed it but I haven't been sure of the kids' reactions.  Today, though, they asked me to keep reading so that was a good sign.  It's a neat book.  That's all I can remember about our week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment