Saturday, April 21, 2012

Flexibility

We had some opportunities to be flexible with our school plans this week.  First, Nathan was sick and we did manage to get all of our school done but it was much more sporadic since I had to be on puke-alert.  We then ended up taking a day off completely because we went garage sale-ing with my parents and my Grandma, who was visiting for the week.  We managed to make up the work on Friday, since those are usually pretty easy days.  It felt like a busy week but that's the way the rest of the month will be!

Our fruit of the Spirit study was on peace (plum).  I took an idea from somewhere but I can't remember where.  I packed the pieces for a plum magnet craft in a baggie with their name on it and hid them.  That morning, we read 1 Peter 3:11 "Seek peace and pursue it..." and I told them they had to seek out their craft.  They had a lot of fun!



The crafts were pretty messy even though it was just glue but they enjoyed making a magnet!  Even Nathan got into it:

I received some stacking pegs in the mail this week and it kept the kids busy for hours!  I bought them for Nathan but I think it was a hit with everyone.

Here's my poor, sick baby.

And here he is on one of our garage sale finds!  :)


Otherwise, our week was busy with all of the usual activities.  Hunter had a math quiz and he got part of it right that he usually really struggles with--it was a great victory especially after some tearful math times this week.  He gets down on himself but that's why I'm glad I'm homeschooling--I can be the one to pump him back up!  :)  Lily finished her Capyboppy book a week early--she reads so fast and she must have really liked it because she sped right through it.  We also studied spiders, read more of our book and just did the usual things.  Samuel said he loved school this week--I think it's because he was working in a math sticker book.  He loved putting the stickers on!  He actually finished the book but I have 2 more that are similar!!  I can't wait to post about this upcoming week of school--we have something REALLY fun planned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment