Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Cookies

*Okay, this is my 3rd blog post tonight so if you care to see the others, check out the ones before this...*

We actually thought ahead this year and realized that this weekend was the best time to make Christmas cookies. We sometimes forget that Brian's deer season is approaching and he'll be busy hunting on those weekends. I have no desire to attempt this type of baking on my own--if they were plain chocolate chips cookies, that would be fine. These take all day long!!
Adding ingredients and mixing the dough. This picture didn't show it but my beaters have a $2 garage sale sticker on them from my sister's garage sale years ago (I don't think I paid, either). I used my fancy kitchen-aid for the frosting, though--just so my Mom knows! :)

Cutting out the dough.

Nathan giving moral support to the decorating.

Everyone hard at work decorating and then sampling the cookies. I used a new recipe and I'm not sure I like it as much but the frosting covers that! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet crew you have there Rikki - and having such a blast making Christmas cookies!
    Enjoyed my visit with your lovely family.
    Blessings,
    Debra
    http://debrasblogpureandsimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete