Sunday, November 15, 2009

Birthday Marathon

What a busy five days we have had here! Hunter and Lily turned 6 on Thursday but the celebration started Wednesday and finally ended today. Here's our fun:

Aunt Nikki came on Wednesday to deliver presents and get the celebrating going!

On Thursday, we took the kids to the Playstation after Lily's dance class. Hunter had really wanted to have a party there but between the cost and other people's fear of germs, we decided against it. But to make them both happy, we let them go for a quick evening and it was a lot of fun. They played hard! Samuel spent a lot of time in ball pit and it was actually endearing for me to look over and see Brian sitting next to Samuel in the ball pit, chucking balls at some stranger-child. :)





On Friday, their actual birthday, I was able to go to school and have lunch with them so that was a lot of fun! That evening, Grandma Barb and Papa Lee came over to visit and give presents. Later, we celebrated w/the supper of their choice (when I asked them, Hunter asked for spaghetti with no sauce and Lily asked for carrots--seriously) and gave them our own presents.


On Saturday, the work began! We had invited all of the kids in their class for a party at our house. We don't have a big house so I was unsure but Brian talked me into it. I am glad he did--what fun (and what exhaustion)! We invited 20 kids and we had a total of 13 come for the party. Whew! No parents stayed so it was up to Brian and I to keep control. Ha, ha.

Lily's Princess cake.


Hunter's outer space cake (we didn't do a Fantastic 4 theme but it was the only outer space-type cake we could find!)

This picture is in here just to note the ceiling fan. Yes, there is a parachuted army man stuck up there. This is just an example of the chaos! :)

All 15 kids. Yes, a lot of girls but out of 22 kids in the class, only 7 of them are boys!! So we knew to expect a majority of girls. It seems like they did a lot of boy v. girl play (all of which involved "swords", running and some screaming). We did provide structured activities, which I am so thankful for!! This picture looks like we have it all under control. :)

On Sunday, we wrapped up our fun by celebrating with Grandma and Papa PJ, the Henleys and the Worthingtons. This picture shows the 3 birthday people--the twins were born on their Uncle Jamie's birthday. They got me back later by having their youngest on my birthday!!

And here they are together. 6 years old!! I can't believe how fast it has gone but it seems like light years ago that I had two babies to figure out. :) What great kids--I am thankful for them!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - you are brave! I love how each one of the kids got their own cake.

    ReplyDelete