Saturday, November 1, 2014

Week 10

Nathan learned about 'H for Halloween' this week!  We had a lot of fun with horses, hands and hearts, too.  Hunter volunteered to be his show-and-tell since his name starts with 'H'.  :)  The sensory bin:

I did not at all teach Nathan to spell or write his name but he picked it up.  He's showing off here:

We made a spider's web for our Halloween-themed fun.  He counted to 20 while finding the spiders.

 Samuel and I had some fun this week.  I have been spending time with him, getting him confident in spelling and writing his name.  We've done a lot of activities on this.  I have heard him tell his cousin that he knows how to spell/write his name and he showed Papa PJ when he came over.  He's pretty proud and I'm glad I took some time off of regularly-scheduled-items to grow his confidence in this.  Anyway, here is Samuel smashing sight word pumpkins.  :)  This made a HUGE mess but it was too cold to do it outside.  He loved it! (It's printed pumpkins sitting on a pile of shaving cream.)

Hunter and Lily did some fun English activities to review parts of speech.  This game helped them  review proper and common nouns

In Konos, we studied ears/music/sound this week.  We brought the tent inside to be our ear and added construction paper for wax/hair, a bucket for the eardrum, a hammer for the hammer, a drumstick for the anvil, a triangle for the stirrup, a bottle with water for the cochlear and then there was yarn for nerves leading to a pillow (the brain).  We walked through the parts over and over but I'm not sure if it stuck or not.  :)

I discovered the joy of watching videos in school.  Ha!  We watched some orchestra-themed videos and a video on Helen Keller this week.  

We had Halloween-themed morning activities this week and this one was a hit because I had not called the kids to the table yet but there 2 were, getting started without me.  :)

Hunter and Lily started a new multiplication game on my tablet and this was a hit!

Also this week, they helped me chop about 48 peanut butter cups for a cheesecake.  So glad they helped unwrap all those candies!

We took Friday off of school to enjoy Halloween.  It was our 1st vacation day from school!  Halloween was a success this year--way too much candy in my kitchen now.  :)
Here are the kids with their pumpkins--Brian helped clean and carve while I was out one night.

The finished projects:

This year's costumes:  
Nathan is Iron Patriot

Lily is Maleficent

Samuel is a phantom

Hunter is The Thing

Our trick-or-treat group!


No comments:

Post a Comment