Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring Weather

Samuel worked on reviewing some sight words this week.  He does well with letter sounds and putting them together to read words but once we introduce sentences, he acts like he forgot it all.  We just keep at it!  He's doing really well with this attitude and participating in school and he told my Mom some positive things about school so that was so nice to hear.  


Hunter started multiplication this week and he's been very adamant that he hates it but his math introduces it gently and I think he's finding it's not that bad.  He is finishing a book on the Titanic, which he had never heard of before this book.  It was kind of funny/sad because I read the 1st chapter with him and the book said that the passengers were traveling from England to America and Hunter said, "They're really going to like it here.".  I didn't tell him that most wouldn't make it.  

Lily has been taking time off of her regular math to drill those multiplication facts.  She hates it (which is probably why Hunter thinks he hates it) but my supervising teacher has stressed the importance of getting the math facts down before moving forward.  In reading, I can't even pretend to assign her books--she has a stack she wants to read so I just go with it.  

Nathan and I didn't do much preschool-type work this week.  I did work on cutting with him but it was terrifying.  A work in progress...  :)

Otherwise, we accomplished the usual in school and then spent a lot of time outside this week.  Spring weather has arrived--not sure how long it will last?!  We enjoyed a fire in the fire pit this week and cooked hot dogs and marshmallows for supper over it.  :)


*Nathan is really into pajama pants so they go with everything*

Samuel finally got onto the bike--he's really been looking forward to this!

I love this picture of Samuel bonding with the cat.  :)

This week, we have a short week since we'll be taking Good Friday off.  There's really nothing too exciting happening in school and we all just get our work done to move on with other things.  I think we're all antsy now that spring is here!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment