Sunday, May 19, 2013

The End

We are done with our school year!!  It was actually kind of uneventful to have our last day but I did have a certificate and a small gift for each of the kids.  They were excited to be done but even more excited that they were being shipped to my parents' house for a few days while Brian and I went to a homeschool conference.  :)



Nathan is practicing some exercises he sees Mommy doing during the week.  :)

Summer heat has been here so we've visited the pool at my parents' house.  Fun, fun, fun.  I see a lot of swimming in our summer future.  :)

Thursday, the kids moved in with my parents and Brian and I headed to Des Moines for a few days.  Brian received this sticker from a speaker named Todd Wilson (I think).  He was a great speaker and we took a lot away from his talk.

Part of the joy of the trip is staying in a hotel (without kids) and eaitng out and shopping and etc.  We had breakfast at Cracker Barrel one morning so I had to send my Mom a picture to rub it in.  :)  We saw a handful of people we know and had supper with one of my bestest friends and her hubby.  Fun, fun, fun. 

We are taking the rest of May off from all things schoolwork-related.  That will give me time to figure out a summer schedule of math and reading, 2 things that really need to be continued through the summer.  That sounds kind of not-fun but all kids need the reminder, especially Hunter since he has memory issues.  It may help me enjoy summer more.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I so admire homeschool moms. In my heart I am one, but circumstances won't let me... love that cool sticker. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! I've really enjoyed your blog and learning about THM through you! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete