Saturday, November 17, 2012

Hunter and Lily's Birthday

This week of school was short because I had planned on taking Tuesday off for the twins' birthday.  All the pictures I have are birthday pics but we did get some school in! Lily ended up with the stomach flu so she had a sick day Thursday.  On Friday, Lily was still sick and I was feeling worse so it ended up being a no school day.  Thankfully, I have a couple days next week to make up for it.  

Hunter and Lily, 9 years old

I think birthdays are a BIG deal so I plan on taking birthdays off of school and Brian takes the day off of work.  We let the kids decide what to do and this year, they wanted to go to Playstation.  It's not my favorite place but I figured it couldn't be too bad during the day.  :)  They also requested McDonald's for supper and they wanted to watch the move Brave that was released that day.  We made it all happy.  You're only king/queen for 1 day, right?

Lunch at the Playstation...it was pretty empty except a handful of young ones.  I survived it!  :)

Hunter and Lily also got to celebrate their birthdays with family.  The weekend before, we had a party with my side of the family:
Lily excited for her gift card.  Lainey and Kathryn are standing by for support.  :) 

Ripping into the box to see what it holds!  Samuel, Anden and Lily are support here.  That's Nathan and I in the background.  

On their birthday, Brian's parents came over to give gifts and check out their new toys.  Lily had practiced dancing to Grandma Barb's favorite Michael Jackson song on her new Wii game so she could show her.  :)  And, of course, Hunter wanted to show off his Skylanders game--his latest obsession.

It was a fun day and I think the kids felt celebrated and happy with their day!  The next day was Lily's book club and the boys and I went to another book club Mom's house for a playdate.  So, it was busy and sickly week.  Hoping we can all recover and enjoy Thanksgiving next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment