Friday, February 24, 2012

A New Approach

Another week quickly went by!  I changed up Samuel's routine a bit this week.  He was acting bored with what I had planned for him and, therefore, resisting the activities.  Since this is "just" preschool, I wanted to find a new way to "do school".  Doing nothing is NOT an option because he wants his own school work, if that makes sense.  It's complicated!

Anyway, I usually print off all kinds of things for the letter of the week but this week, I just printed off 2 sheets (and 1 copy for Nathan).  We did a variety of things, using all those fun games and toys that I have!

Making an umbrella craft:

Putting together a giant number puzzle:

Making homemade play dough...I let him pick the color of dye and the color of sprinkles so it was no surprise that it ended up yellow with gold sparkles.  He LOVES yellow!

I realized when I went to split the play dough that I had doubled the recipe last time...it worked, though.


We smashed spiders with letters on them--using my new swatters!

How cute are these two??  Hunter is such a good big brother and Nathan *adores* him, to put it mildly.

U was also for unicycle this week--here are the kids trying that out (Samuel refused, of course).

Hunter and Lily learned about Betsy Ross this week and we made graham cracker/frosting flags.  I resisted the desire to take a picture of mine but I do have to say that it turned out pretty good!



We finally finished our non-fiction read aloud this week but we all ended up enjoying the story of Pagoo.  Hunter and Lily added a heart to their bodies this week but since it's under the lungs, it's hard to see (so no picture!).  We had Wednesday off--I just planned for some days off and we're staying on schedule pretty good so we kept the plan.  Hunter said he was disappointed but I think everyone enjoyed the change of pace for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment