Friday, December 9, 2011

Last Week of Regularly Scheduled Programs....

Yes, one of the great thing about homeschooling is being able to make our own schedule.  I have school planned for another week and few days but we are setting aside our regular books to pick up some Christmas-themed studies.  So, we spent this week wrapping up math, spelling and reading so we could have an easy place to pick up after the holidays.

This week, Hunter and Lily made ice cream.  It actually turned out all right!  They thought we should be on a cooking show after that.  :)

This is a game I printed off called "Cookie Bang!".  The night before I gave it to them, I started to wonder what I was thinking because it sounded pretty competitive.  Thankfully, it worked out all right.
Otherwise, Hunter and Lily spent a lot of time on learning to tell time and spelling plural words.  They worked hard this week so it will be fun to switch gears!

Samuel worked on 'M' this week, which was supposed to be for m&m's in our curriculum but we added 'M is for monsters', too, because Samuel loves monsters more than m&m's!!  :)

Counting monsters and clipping the right number.
 The Monster Mash!  This was a HUGE hit with Samuel.  I called out a letter and he mashed it with a spatula.  Everyone had to gather round for this and I'm the only one that was injured--a finger mashed with a monster.  :)

Samuel with the monster he made.

We also did a fun experiment with m&m's but I accidentally deleted the picture.  Woops.  I was just happy it turned out!

No picture of Nathan this week but here's one of Cinders.  It must be getting colder because she has started sleeping on the cable box, which gets almost-hot.  :)

We are doing *some* of our regular schoolwork next week but we'll mainly be doing a unit study on the Grinch.  I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment