Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 20

We are entering a new phase of our homeschool as we schedule schoolwork around Thursday class, which takes the whole morning, and Friday's play practice, which takes the whole afternoon.  I am still fitting things in nicely and I don't feel like we are missing out on anything at home but it does make things interesting.  :)  

Nathan learned about "E" this week but we really didn't do a lot with it.  He made his E craft (and elephant) and that's his favorite part because he gets out his alphabet binder of crafts and reviews everything he's done.

He is certain that playing apps and games on the ipad is part of "his school" and they are all educational right now so I don't argue.

Playdough and eyeballs:

For Konos, we learned about friction and resistance so we did a tug of war game.  Don't worry, I joined the girls side and we won.  :)

I did a science trick by showing them how I could make my egg spin but I didn't tell them it was hard boiled.  They tried to make their (raw) eggs spin but couldn't--a lesson on inertia.

And, running cars on wood, sandpaper and wax paper ended our week.

Hunter read his first story in his new All About Reading book and he did GREAT.  I'm very happy with his progress and this program.

Sunday was my birthday and we celebrated all the January birthdays with my family.  Here's the little kids' table:

And here is Nathan, totally in love with the lounge chairs in my sister's "Pooh Room":



1 comment: