Saturday, September 6, 2014

Week 2

Nathan learned about the letter 'C' this week (we're not learning letters in order).  I made some cloud dough for his sensory bin and everyone loved it!

It made a good mess, though.  I texted this picture to Brian and he congratulated me on being creative.  We didn't get it back out the rest of the week but we were busy so maybe that's why.  :)

Nathan used some corks (purchased by my Dad at Adventureland!) to paint some fall leaves on a tree.  We are ready for fall!  
*Nathan has nonstop bedhead, apparently.*  

Snapped a picture of Hunter spread out enjoying the cool morning.  He often does his schoolwork in my room but the weather is so awesome right now!

 Samuel working hard on handwriting.  He threw a bit of a fit early in the week about writing a whole line (gasp!) but by the end, he was showing great progress in his letters.  Samuel has said he HATES being woken up in the morning for school and I've noticed sometimes school goes better with him in the afternoon.  So, I am thinking of changing school up for him but continue waking him up, anyway--but maybe look at different ways to wake him that aren't as annoying as an older brother.  :)  We'll see if he can adjust.

Lily working on her math quiz.  She likes to do the book work and then input it into the computer.  Geometry is a struggle but she can often figure out her basic math mistakes if she just gives it another try.  

Hunter has finished his first spelling lesson with his new curriculum. I was really curious to see how the testing went.  He did ok--19/29 right.  I think with continued work, this method will help him see how words are spelled.

Dark picture showing the twins experimenting with measurement this week.  It's another aspect of our study on orderliness. 

This was the week of doctor appointments!!  I am thankful Brian's parents were able to watch the kids time and again.  The 3 older kids got their eyes checked and we found out that Samuel needs glasses for his schoolwork/reading.  I'm excited to see how this helps him.  He could also use work on convergence, which is something Hunter had therapy for so we can do group review on that.


One (hopefully the last) HOT day so we spent the afternoon soaking in the sun and the pool.  I am hoping that's it and the fall weather is here now!


1 comment: