Saturday, October 12, 2013

One More Week

I just discovered my usual source for cute blog backgrounds is no longer offering them for free so I've spent all morning figuring out how to change my blog using a new source.  So, anything I had to say about this week is forgotten...  Then, I start adding pictures and see how many I got of Nathan AGAIN and not as many as the big kids.  It's hard to remember!  Plus, a lot of Nathan's work is crafty.  

Nathan finished up I for insect.  Here he is with his caterpillar turned butterfly:

We then moved on to Q for quail:

Painting with Q-tips:

Moving "quail eggs" with tweezers: *It looks like we did this in one day but he was just wearing the same pajama shirt a couple days...*

Samuel and I used a lot of different math manipulatives to work on addition this week.  The animal blocks are always a hit.

He's working on writing his name but he keeps wanting to add lines to make his 'S' a dollar sign.  *insert eye roll*  I have no idea why.

We had a restaurant day for math.  We used pennies instead of dollars, in case you catch that.  He enjoyed this a lot.

We made ooey monster cookies this week and the little boys helped me add the candy eyeballs.  :)

The twins had a full week learning about Egyptian painting and drawing.  

Samuel has been spending some time focusing on the sounds he has a hard time remembering for phonics.  We do a story and actions and then I give him a coloring sheet.  Well, nothing with Samuel is ever cut and dried.  Every single thing he does involves an elaborate story with drawings to go with it.  He has a great imagination but it does drag things out a bit.  However, I try to be patient with it and give him free reign of his creativity.  I videotaped him one day...I gave him his sheet to color and this unfolded:

No comments:

Post a Comment