Sunday, October 28, 2012

Awesome Week

Some weeks are uneventful and other weeks are super full.  This was a full week so I have a lot of pictures!!  We had some freakishly nice weather in the beginning of the week (with a lot of rain, too) so we were able to take art outside.  Samuel doesn't care for messy art so he watched from afar.  Here are the 3 willing children painting with the splatter technique:

The last nice day for awhile fell on our field trip day so that was awesome.  A fellow homeschool Mom planned a trip to Bloomsbury Farm so we signed up and took advantage of the discount.  It wasn't a guided tour but we did see a few families we knew so that was fun.  








We were in France this week for Geography.  It was the best week yet!!  We had a lot of fun and I had some extra books and activities that we all enjoyed.  Our favorite book was Adéle & Simon, a really cute picture book I picked up from Goodwill.  We took a look at the 3D Eiffel Tower puzzle I picked up this summer at a thrift store.  We then shut the box up.  Ha!  Way too hard for me!!  Here are the twins checking it out:

At the end of the week, we tried our hand at making bars of soap {ignore the Sesame Street house Nathan added to the table}:

We also made chocolate raspberry truffles. This was a favorite!

We started Wind in the Willows this week for our read-aloud and all I can say is that I hope it gets better!!  The kids seem so/so about it--very wordy and what's up with the swear word every chapter??  It's a classic so I'm sticking it out but I hope we enjoy it more.  :)  I'll be back with a Halloween post mid-week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment