Friday, March 16, 2012

Heat Wave

This has been our weather sign this week!  Sunny and warm in winter!  We've even had to install the air conditioner in the attic because the heat was suffocating!  It's been strange but good!  
We've done plenty of outside play:

 And enjoyed having the porch as an extra play space:
We have fit school in, too! Brian surprised us all with a day off this week so that was exciting!  We went to the library and played outside a lot that day!  
This picture is from our morning time...we have alphabet exercise cards and this week is "Pick your eXercise" so Brian was helping with push ups.  I think Nathan's form is spectacular!
 Also, for the letter X, we made an x-ray craft--that is, everyone but Samuel made the craft because he wouldn't get his hands that messy.  Ha!  I figured it wouldn't go over well!
 We also put together our full body x-rays from the twins' science kit.

In non-preschool news, Hunter and Lily finished their bodies this week!


Lily is just really into reading and we need to hit the library more often!  She finished her assigned book a week early so I showed her the next assigned book.

We did a Friday art project today...drawing/painting herring, according to written directions.  We then looked up online to see what they really look like--our pictures were close!  :)

Finally, the packages have kept coming as I've ordered more and more curriculum for next year {I can't help it--I'm excited}.  This package arrived and I was so impressed with myself (ha!) that I took a picture and Nathan sat down for a chance to smile.  This was an order from goodwillbooks.com.  The shipping is high but the prices are so low that it's worth it.  Each of these books cost me between $1-2 WITH shipping.  Seriously!  That Ben 10 car shouldn't be in the picture.  :)

Another quick week!  The year is winding up--I'm already jotting down goals for the summer and looking at the next school year's calendar.  I do love to plan and it's been a good thing this school year--some things get changed but, overall, it's helped to see where we're headed!

No comments:

Post a Comment