Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cinders

For some reason, Brian and I decided to adopt one of his sister's kittens.  I can't even remember what led to this decision--it must have been rather random.  Lily is obsessed with animals and all the kids love the *idea* of a pet.  I just didn't feel like I could handle a dog right now and this was a free pet so it all worked!!  Thankfully, there was 1 girl left in the litter because we thought we needed more girls at home!!  :)

So far, Cinders (my Mom actually thought of the name but the kids adopted it right away) has been a joy.  She came litter trained so that's awesome.  She is also extremely social...she loves to be held and spends time on my shoulder.  She has slept with Brian and I so far but I'm hoping as she gets older, she might sleep with the kids because they would love that!!

The kids like her but they are afraid of her claws.  Brian and I have had a lot of laughs over their jumping and running from this ferocious beast.  Ha!!  I am just so pleased with our decision and with the cat we received--it's been sooooo easy!!!!!  (which I need!!)  I should add that Hunter was so excited to clean the litter box the 1st morning, Lily did it this morning and Samuel is anxious to try tomorrow.  They also feed/water her so it's been fun to see that.  I know it probably won't last (the excitement to do these chores, I mean) but it's great to see!!

 Exploring on her 1st day home.
 So, technically these are dog bowls but Lily and I fell in love with them.  Pink and polka dots??  We're sold.  I like this picture because you can see Hunter peeking--they like to see what she's up to and report back every minute or so!
 She made her way into a plastic bag--which worries Brian, Mr. Safety, but it was cute!
 Nathan's hair is wild!  Anyway, he has hit the cat 3x but some of it is his need to learn gentleness.  He's afraid of her for the most part but likes to touch her if I'm holding her.
 Gathering around when it's safest--she's being held by Dad!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment