Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Birthday Week


Samuel did some addition with animals this week.  He loves adding the '+' and '=' the most.  :)  He's doing okay with reading--not quite ready to move full speed ahead.  Math, I know I just have to settle in for an extended time because he likes to create an elaborate story and drawing for  each problem.  That's why we sometimes just do math orally.  Ha!


  We were in Mexico for Geography this week!  A coworker of Brian's had given him this children's pottery wheel last year so we finally got it out to try out for our craft.  The kids enjoyed it, I think.  We still have to paint and decorate their pots so no finished picture.

 Keeping Nathan occupied and away from Skylanders is taking some planning on my part.  I got out this Tupperware of beads and it kept him busy but the clean up was a little not fun.

 It was a short week because my birthday was Friday!!  We had the day off of school and Brian took the day off of work--it's kind of a big deal to me and we count it as his present to me.  Lily planned all week to make me breakfast and was even up at 1am to ask Brian if it was time.  She knows I usually just eat fruit in the morning so she created a parfait for me--it had ice cream, apples and peanut butter with a fruit twist sticking out of the top.  

I decided I wanted to take the kids to the Science Station in the morning since we have a family pass and it would pass the time until lunch.  :)  



It was a very fun, full birthday!!  I feel like I must be an adult now.

Saturday, Hunter had his pinewood derby race.  Lily was very supportive!

Hunter's is the car with the Lego guy in it.

The big, horrible news is this guy's hair cut.  Trust me, this is the most flattering picture.  I still really can't talk about it.  I cried forever about his curls being gone and the *mean* hairdresser's attitude about it all.  Sigh.  Just hoping the curls come back--they will, right????? 


No comments:

Post a Comment